Sticking with the 156 !
After a long debate whether to sell my 156 and buy a new 159, I have decided to keep the 156, even though it needs some work...
(1) Front ARB - has about 3 inches of lateral movement when stationary! Not willing to do myself but not sure of labour costs!
(2) Koni Suspension Kit - front shock absorbers knackered! Going to attempt myself - are there any "how to" guides like there are with the front upper / lower wishbones ???
(3) 2 x Rear Tyres
(4) Front discs and pads
(5) Respray - Cosmos Blue I have decided is the WORST colour for showing stone chips. Laquer starting to peel in places as well on the front wings.
(6) Air Filter - Standard Fiat / Alfa one.
(7) Spark Plugs - from what I understand the rear 3 plugs on the V6 are a pig to change, but I'll see what I can do!
(8) Stainless Steel Exhaust - not sure what one to go for yet. I also own a Delta HF Turbo with a Powerflow custom-made full system on - whole lot cost around £450 (from turbo back). Has anyone got an opinion on the best stainless system available for the V6???
(9) Suspension top mounts - may as well replace these while the struts are being done. Not sure if these are available as pattern parts or alfa parts only???
So yes it is going to cost a bit to bring up to scratch, but I think everyone here can agree that the 156 is a very satisfying car when you've got a good one!
Alfa Romeo 156 3.0 V6 24v Lusso (2000)
Lancia Delta HF Turbo IE (1991) - Rust In Peace !