How Do I Take Out The Front Lower Indicators On My Gt?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 15-03-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire
How Do I Take Out The Front Lower Indicators On My Gt??

Hi there, just wondering if anyone knows how to take out the front lower indicators on the GT the one's below the headlights. Both of mine are always steamed up and i'm wanting to maybe fix them or replace them. Any info would be much appriciated!
Sponsored Links
Awaiting Email Conf
County: Lake District
Re: How Do I Take Out The Front Lower Indicators On My Gt??

They just pop out - use a flat bladed screwdriver and gently ease them out. You probably need to use some silicone to seal them up. Mine have been fine since I sealed them
AO Silver Member
County: Nukunonu

Should be held in with a leaf spring type clip on the outside edge.
Either try a very thin scewdriver down the side or see if you can feel it with your hand from underneath.
Good luck.
AO Member

Member car:

GT 1.9jtdM

I have removed mine and done the clear lens conversion discussed on another link on the site. There are two clips underneath the lens, you can see these if you shine a torch through the gap, when these are depressed you also need to prise the top of the lens down slightly as there are two small lugs at the top that need to come past the bumper surround. While you are on re-sealing I would consider taking out the orange insert and using paint for the bulb as desribed on the other thread - the car looks much better without the orange. Beware though, separating the lens from the housing can easily crack the lens, you need to be very patient with it.
AO Member
County: Kaunas

Member car:

GT 1.9

I see it's quite an old thread but - how do you take indicators out without breaking them??

I've taken out the black plastic grill underneath and now the indicator should be free except that it is screwed in from behind.
Yes, it has the two metal clips under the indicator and two plastic thingies on top of it, but there is one screw in the back, which is impossible to undo because it it is so tight back there i can't get my hand around without taking out additional parts, which in turn are blocked by the headlamp... the radiator... the bumper...
AO Silver Member
County: East Sussex
How strange, I've removed mine a couple of times, there's no need to unscrew or remove anything else.

A flathead screwdriver under the indicator about a quarter way in from each side should release the clips, then the whole asselbly should pop out. Page 198 of the handbook.

All the best

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

front , indicators , lower