£10995 for a 37K 04 GT 2.0 JTS, sound reasonable? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 15-03-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

Mazda RX8

Wave £10995 for a 37K 04 GT 2.0 JTS, sound reasonable?

Hi there,
I've seen a 2004 GT 2.0 JTS advertised by a fiat dealer for £10995. I just think it's a little leggy at 37K so was wondering what should be my target bargaining price. I was thinking £9700, what do you think? Cheers.
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Durham
Re: £10995 for a 37K 04 GT 2.0 JTS, sound reasonable?

That price makes this one seem a real bargain.
AO Silver Member
County: East Sussex

I guess with Fiat you get the same deal you would get from alfa- IE properly checked, decent warranty "approved used".

It really depends on what you want. When I was looking for mine (147) I didn't want to spend the premium at a main dealer. I save a good few thousand going to a smaller dealer. However it wasn't straight forward. I have had problems which have reducing the value of the price a little. However the few hundred spent on little things like changing the oil (because after the hassle I had with the dealer I wasn't that trust worthy of them so the fact they said it had been serviced before I collected didn't convince me), a electric window swithc which doesn't always work and the need to take the inlets off the clean the water out from when the garage steam cleaned the engine are a small price to pay for what I saved.

So basically if you have the money to burn, don't want any hassle buy from a proper dealer. If you like having a few thousand left over, don't buy it.
AO Silver Member

Yeah, seems a bit pricey to me too. I bought my 04 GT 2.0 JTS last summer with just 20K miles for £11200. It has metallic paint and 17" spoked alloys, and a 1 year warranty, but no leather/sat nav or parking sensors. So maybe if the one you've seen has lots of extras and a warranty it might be worth a bit more. But I wouldn't pay more than £10K I don't think, especially given how pricey the road tax is going to be soon!

It should be a bit of a buyer's market at the moment, so if you said £9700 I reckon you might get it for £10K. 37K miles is higher than I was looking for, but there seem to be lots of GTs out there for around £10K with more like 70K miles on them, so 37K isn't that excessive. Make sure it's had the cambelt changed!

Let us know if you do join the Alfa fold!
AO Silver Member
County: Kildare

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

For reference, I recently bought a 04 plate JTD with 39k miles for £10,990 at an independent garage. 17" wheels, metallic paint and leather.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

37k , jts , reasonable , sound