Lower seat foam replacement? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 11-03-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Wiltshire
Lower seat foam replacement?

The rear left of my drivers seat has dropped(by the seatbelt plug in thingy) and I think it's about time to replace it. I was thinking of getting another seat, stripping it down, getting the foam out and replacing it in my seat. I assume it's just a few clips holding the leather outer on underneath somewhere?!

I've got red leather in my car, but will foam from other seats, non-leather(hopefully cheaper to get hold of) be the same or different foam?

Also, what's the best way of taking the seat out with regards to lights on the dash for the pre-tensioners/air bags, disconnect the battery for half an hour or so before removing the seat?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Durham
Re: Lower seat foam replacement?

iirc the leather is pushed into a groove, removal isnt difficult, refitting it is more difficult.

the foam shape you need depends on your seat, leather is availalbe on different shapes, and so is material, so you need to find a seat the same shape as yours.

to avoid airbag problems you must disconnect the battery, wait 15 mins, then you can begin work, do not reocnnect the battery until everything is put back together and you are confident that the connector under the seat is reconnected correctly.
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

Keep an eye out in Partsworld UK on ebay. Occasionally has seat foam and leather kits.
AO Member
County: -

I have the similar problem with drivers seat in my 147. But additionally I have broken side metal leg support in left side of the seat. I reconnected it with rivets, but it's not OK. Does anybody know how to strip down the seating part. Since my 147 has 3 doors I noticed that seating part is attached to the rails with 4 bolts which are very tight screwed, and very hard to access even when you have seat unscrewed all together out.
But is it possible to get the seating part out and replace it with the same part from passenger seat?
I tried to strip the seat and as jug said it' hell of a job to fit it back in the groove, even more when you have textile, because it tends to rip very easily. Does anyone have some clue how to fix the seat, because my ass is hurting when I'm driving

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

foam , lower , replacement , seat