Alfa Romeo Selespeed
I've read on that website...
P6 - Clutch stop pin adjustment check
1. Set the ignition key to MAR.
2. Connect the Examiner diagnostics tool.
3. Check that the clutch position is between 28 and 28,5 mm; if it is not, continue with the next step.
4. Loosen the lock nut (1c in Fig.9) and adjust the stop pin (1a) so that the clutch position value read on Examiner is between 28 and 28.5 mm.
5. Tighten the lock nut to a torque of 0.6 ± 0.05 daNm and measure again
I've also read another forum member on this site say something similar.
You can do this yourself- ignition on car not running, backprobe the green wire at the Sspeed multiplug and check for voltage (pin 7 I believe). This is the potentiometer for the clutch, loosen 10mm lock nut on the plunger twist to set to 3.4v and lock the nut- job done. If you take off the induction hose and remove MAF meter is is a 5 minute job. The active diagnosis function on the examiner is notoriously innacurate (for clutch calibration) and the above is the best method to set it. Of course you require an examiner to do "an end of line calibration".
The clutch position on my car is 29.13. I can't for the life of me find this lock nut so I can adjust it. Does anyone have a workshop manual or know where it is?