A (156) Love Thing... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 29-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
A (156) Love Thing...

Well, I've just done it (gulp).

Just back from the dealership and still buzzing, after a second test drive in a truly mint 2004 156 SW 2.4 JTD M-Jet in dark charcoal grey. Metallic black, I'd say. How could I resist? I couldn't, of course, so I've signed for it and pick it up next Friday afternoon after full service .

The car looked and drove even better than I remembered it, plus it has a pristine (leather) interior, sport pack, NICE wheels, etc. Plus FSH (Alfa), new cambelt + related drive train, new turbo, 4 decent tyres... a beauty. Km equivalent of 60k miles on the clock.

Re. the ski-flap: anyone know whether Alfa produced a protective bag-style pull-out, to protect the interior, as per Audi? There's no way I'm loading wet skis into this baby, and ski-carriers are really not the most aerodynamic/aesthetic addition. Just have to brush and dry before loading, I suspect. But it'll be worth it.

The cherry on the top was the sales guy's comment:
"Now that you've confirmed you're going to buy it, I can tell you you're doing the right thing... a man came in yesterday to see it, and loved it, but had to let his wife see it before committing to it. He's coming back tomorrow, and I'll have to tell him it's sold..."

Moral: if your mind's made up, don't leave it until the weekend!

Thanks again to all the people in the group whose helpful advice proved so useful in helping me make the right decision.

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Somerset

Member car:

Saab and a Merc

Re: A (156) Love Thing...

Re: A (156) Love Thing...

Well done mate!

The 156 is an amazing car, I'm on my second. My first was a 1998 V6 which was terrific and brutal, but my current 2000 2.0i TS is just as much fun as it can eat up corners like they was straights!

The 156 is a real drivers car, always has been and always will be, even the JTD's are terrific!

When you want even more power pop down to see the guys at Red.Dot and get the car re-mapped. They are bespoke tuners and will easily give your car a further 20BHP or so without risking the engine.

Enjoy your Alfa ownership!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , love , thing