Motor control unit failure - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 20-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
Motor control unit failure

Put this in my introduction b4 realising thats the wrong place. Got the dreaded dashboard warning but unlike many of the threads my car runs perfectly, reasonable mpg, passes it's emission test at mot etc. The independent who services it says there is a fault with 1 or more of the 4 lambda sensors. He clears the warning off with his laptop but it soon comes back on. It's on as soon as you start up & stays on. He tells me that it's not doing any harm & in truth we've probably done 10,000 miles since it started. Does this ring true & where do I find the part numbers for replacements. Alfa oem are about 75 ea, are there any good pattern parts? Any comments on the 15 universal ones on ebay? Thanks in advance Jez
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

MiTo Cloverleaf

Re: Motor control unit failure

the main issue with losing a lambda sensor will be that your engine will probably use more fuel. It may also be slower to pick up. I guess in the long term it's not a good idea to drive with one gone, but for a few weeks I wouldn't worry (well, I'm driving with one out for nearly a month and I'm not so worried!)
There are a few sites offering oem parts cheaper than that, and some other sites offering spurious sensors for about £25.
Couldn't speak to the quality of ebay, but I guess it's about trusting the seller!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

control , failure , motor , unit