BMW Release the 'World's first GT Diesel' - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
County: Berkshire

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Re: BMW Release the 'World's first GT Diesel'

Originally Posted by alfa_147_jtd_16v View Post
I think you guys are bringing too much into this. The GT (Alfa) is not a true GT car, nor is the Pug 407/408. These are 'normal' cars in the sense that they are not particularly expensive. A true GT car is something like that Beemer, Aston, or Maserati.
I disagree.

I took my GT from UK, France, Netherlands for 3 minutes, Belguim, Germany, Czech Republic, Germany, Austria, Germany Italy (inc Ferry to Sardinia), France and back to blighty last summer, 2800 miles.

Its comfortable, we could fit all the luggage in (including wedding dress for the now wife, and 36 piece dinner set, wedding gift, on the way back!), it was fast (well through Germany), it was reliable (33c in Sardinia, air con also worked well).

Basically you could wake up in one country, drive over to another and feel great and head out for dinner. You could also wind nicely round the coastal roads of the Italian lakes listening to Matt Munro with a big grin.

Meets my definition of a Grand Tourismo!

Originally Posted by alfa_147_jtd_16v View Post
As for 5th Gear, people moan about it with their sometimes bizarre features, but they are only trying a different spin on things in the same way TG has done for some time now, like caravan jumping (mmmm now thats entertainment isn't it? ).
I actually quite like 5th gear although I want Quintin Wilson back instead of that hairy gorilla, Tom Ford. Oh and please please bring back Kate Humble too. That young fellar who drove the BMW is funny though - he seems like a right 42 carrot plonker!
I agree about Tiff though...I mean yes he is still an awesome driver, but he is so up his own ar5e. He keeps saying he's a professional racing driver yet he can't drive for any decent teams as he always drove sideways and crashed. I don't mind the fellar, but he needs to stop saying he is a professional racing driver, becuase he is'nt! (although that Aston did look good with him behind the wheel!).
But thats the problem, they are imitating not innovating, they even use heavy vignetting and polarising filters on the camera angles now like top gear to emulate the same style.

Tiff is ok I guess but if nots not real wheel drive and he can't destroy the rear tyres inside an hour he thinks anything rubbish. And I have to agree he is not successful as a driver, he is more famous for being famous, and very middle of the pack.

Tom Ford can be amusing, his writing in Top Gear magazine is quite good, but he is not screen friendly.

VBH is great, but not enough to carry the whole show IMHO.

The new boy is ex Max Power, enough said.

Giulietta QV 1750TBi (been&gone= 156, GT, Abarth 500)
Mrs TallPaul - 159TI sportwagon 2.0JTDM
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 42
County: Antrim

I've posted my mini rant here: road tests, motoring news, forum - Fifth Gear Forum
(Post Link) post #28 of 28 Old 13-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Shropshire

Member car:

BMW's are surely the most ugly cars on the road, massively overpriced, supported by the rudest and most expensive dealers in the world and generally driven by complete idiots.
Love the reply to your post on there

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bmw , diesel , release , world