Replacing Front Alfa Badge! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Replacing Front Alfa Badge!

I've been trying to find a cheap grill and badge for my 156, since the original badge was completely faded. I'm too cheap to afford a new one, so I found a good grill at a scrap yard, and bought a new alfa badge.

Problem many of you will have come across is removing the old badge!!!! It's extremely difficult if its stuck as fast as mine. You can't leaver it off because the chrome grill is plastic and will mark.

What i ended up doing was unclipping the chrome from the black plastic grill. Then I drilled a small hole behind the offending badge. I lay the grill & badge face down on a large roll of masking tape, (around the badge) The diameter of the roll was just larger than the diameter of the badge. Then I took a bloody big hammer and whacked a screw driver into the hole i created. Pushing the old badge off.

So with 30 mins work, I've got a shiny grill & badge for half the price of a new one.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
Re: Replacing Front Alfa Badge!

Nice solution! You could have had a lovely broken grille and a badge with a hole in for the same 30 mins work though
AO Member
County: Hampshire

Is it just glued on then?

AO Silver Member

Member car:

Silver GT 3.2 V6

Did the same on mine a couple of weeks ago and also unclipped the chrome trim and used a roll of gaffer tape while I bashed the old badge off. However I did not drill a hole - I ended up breaking off the two locating 'prongs' and clips and using the two holes to knock the badge off with a small phillips screwdriver and hammer.

The old badge was glued and clipped, the new badge has a ring of adhesive.

Got my new badge from shop4parts.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , badge , front , replacing