rear wash/wipe 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 04-02-08 Thread Starter
County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

Alfa 147

rear wash/wipe 147

Hello forum
I have a problem with the above washer not working, I can hear the washer pump under the bonnet working and have poked out the jets.
I have tryed to remove the lower tailgate trim off but it seems very reluctant to buge and I am relutant to use to much force as I cannot see how it's fixed. Has anyone any ideas how to solve my problem.
Regards Mike
Sponsored Links
Global Mod Team
County: British Columbia
Re: rear wash/wipe 147

Hi Mike
moved to 147 tech lounge
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750GTV 147Lusso

It sounds like the pipe has fallen off the nozzle at the rear window. You need to get the trim off the boot lid. In the meantime don't use the washer as you might be filling the inside of your boot....

I haven't taken the trim of our 147 but on the 145 it was a combination of screws which needed removing and then a good pull!
AO Member

I had the same problem. It's quite tricky to get the trim off and you do have to pull quite firmly on it, making sure you first have ALL the screws removed. The high level brake light needs removing too. Takes a bit of confidence to pull it hard but as long as you pull it evenly at each side you'll be OK. You will also have to dismantle the washer mechanism to get the pipe back on.

To be truthful it's quite a time consuming job. Took me about 45 minutes but unavoidable. Sounds like a common problem with the 147 possibly caused by the pipe working loose from the tailgate being shut constantly. A small jubilee clip or sealant might be advisable so as to avoid having to repeat the exercise again in the future.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , rear , wash or wipe