156 Air Con always hot! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 21-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
156 Air Con always hot!

As I've only had the 156 in the cold season I've not really used the air conditioning very much - although it's always switched on I normally have the temperature control set to 21ish. The other day though I turned it right down and was blasted in hot air! This happened for as long as I had it set to cold for (not very long as it was rather unpleasant), on every fan speed and on every fan directon setting.

It's definitely worked before though, I checked it when I test drove the car before buying it and it was beautifully ice cold, and I've definitely used it before now and then. So what's wrong with it? Could it be the cabin temperature sensor telling the a/c system lies? Having the temperature set at 21 the system seems fine, and after a bit of blowing to get the cabin to the right temperature, it all calms down.

Any ideas chaps? Cheers

My Flickr Photos | Leave late, drive fast
2002 147 2.0 Twin Spark Lusso . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 156 2.5 V6 SP3 Q2 - Gone but not forgotten

For Sale - Pair of 156 headlights. PM if interested
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Durham
Re: 156 Air Con always hot!

common problem, the temperature flap sticks, i've been meaning to sort mine out for a while, some days its fine others it sticks where ever it happens to be at the time it decides to stick.

a bit of grease does the trick. apparently you can access it simply by removing the carpet either side of the centre console.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , air , con , hot