How to: v6 rear lower engine mount - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 16-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

156 V6 SW

How to: v6 rear lower engine mount

I changed the lower mount on my 2.5 v6 156 SW today. This will be the same for all cf3 v6's. I thought it would be good to do a quick write up to help other people as the info on Alfaowner is a bit patchy.

First thing to do is jack car up, support on axle stands and remove the tray.
Now loosen the main 19mm bolt running through the mount. I used a large bar and a hex bit. It was very tight.
Now underdo the 2x24mm bolts holding the arm onto the gearbox casing. These were also very very tight. You will not be able to get a socket on to them, so you'll need a long 24mm spanner. As the exhaust blocks taking them all the way out you'll need to loosen the bottom bolt, then undo the top one, which will come loose from the gearbox casing, but the exhaust will block you removing it totally. Now you can pivot the arm on the lower bolt (which also cannot be removed due to the exhaust blocking its exit) to allow the old mount to come out.
Now undo the heatshield 10mm nuts
Undo the 13mm bolts each side of the mount.
The mount should now come out.

Refitting is reversal of the above.
The one tip I can give is to jack the engine first so the bolts on the mount line up nicely. Otherwise, its a right faff trying to get everything straight.

Took me about 2 hours, only as we spent a while figuring out if removal of the exhaust was necessary and undoing the very long support bolts 1/4 turn at a time.

Previous Alfas: SudSprint 1.7, 156 2.0ts , GT 1.9 JTD, Alfa 156 GTA, Alfa 156 2.0JTS Sele

Last edited by valinco; 16-10-16 at 18:43.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
engine , lower , mount , rear