Alfa 156 ignition coil rack replacement - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Hordaland

Member car:

156 1.8 TS

Alfa 156 ignition coil rack replacement

I have a question regarding getting a new complete set of coils for my 156 1.8TS -97 mod. (932A3)
Problem is that most of the connectors are so corroded/worn that I have to get a new one. Mine has part number 0221506004 (Bosch.) Easy enough to find online, but at a very high price.. But part number 0221506001, also Bosch, I can get at about half the price. I have tried for hours online to see what the difference is, but no luck. Only thing I have found, is that the other "cheap" type will fit the 1.6 engine (932A4). Do any in here have any experience about this/what the "layout" for the 1.6 engine differences from the 1.8 engine? Thanks in advance dear Alfisti!
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #2 of 2 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Gold Member
Don't think there is any difference between the layout on the different engine sizes - they all use the same cylinder head, only the cams vary. There was a difference between the CF2 and CF3 engines in the way the secondary plug lead from each coil pack was routed. Can't remember without going to check the box of spare coil packs I have, just how they changed, but I recollect the later engines have shorter secondary leads, so they probably simply feed the adjacent cylinder, rather than snake around to a more distent one

I do have plenty of coil packs, as indicated, if you get stuck.

AROC Vice-Chairman and Lancashire Section Secretary

Alfa organ donor to the gentry......

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , alfa , coil , ignition , rack , replacement