156 Rear boot badge - spring and circlip woe - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 07-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Somerset
156 Rear boot badge - spring and circlip woe

Guys,

Hoping someone with a spare 156 saloon rear badge spring and circlip will see this and offer to help...? Changing my rear badge tonight I tried very gently to ease the circlip out... suddenly - ping and tinkle tinkle tinkle - the circlip and spring sprang off into the inner reaches of the boot lid...😡

I've had a little fish around with a small magnet - but no joy - hence the plea for help from someone who may (hopefully) have put spare ones away for a rainy day. Happy to pay the going rate and cover postage and packing.

Thanks and regards

Andy H
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Lancashire
Very common issue - as access is awkward, pinging the bits into the recess of the bootlid is easy I don't think I have one but I'll have a hunt around.......
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 09-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Somerset
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgwm View Post
Very common issue - as access is awkward, pinging the bits into the recess of the bootlid is easy I don't think I have one but I'll have a hunt around.......
Thanks RG.

With a flexible magnet, a bit of patience and persistence, I managed to fish both spring and clip out of the inner corners of the bootlid. So I should be back in business now - though I still have to refit the spring and clip - a fiddly faff as you said - so they may spring off again yet...! Sigh...!

Andy H
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

There was a top tip that I read some where. Before you begin get some big pieces of rags and stuff them into the bottom inner part of the boot as you have it up. Idea is that should any part pings off it'll land on the rags where you can retrieve it easily rather than in the nooks and crannies.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , badge , boot , circlip , rear , spring , woe