osram h7 night breakers - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By proinsias

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 07-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: East Sussex
osram h7 night breakers

Hi , Has anybody used these bulbs or anything like them ? are they any good . How long do they last compared to normal bulbs ? Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -
Garage
Used 'em elsewhere (my 156 has factory Xenons) ... they're great ... substantially brighter (and whiter) than regular halogens ... last easily as long as anything else assuming you observe the usual "don't touch the glass" precautions.

Well worth the extra spend in my experience
maxiboy wales likes this.
AO Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnromeo View Post
Hi , Has anybody used these bulbs or anything like them ? are they any good . How long do they last compared to normal bulbs ? Cheers
Have used them in my wife's car. They have lasted as long as any other bulb. Improved light over the usual standard items but they were not as good as I was expecting (maybe because there was a lot of hype about them). They are however a decent improvement without any penalty in terms of life span in my experience.
AO Silver Member

County: Gwynedd
I have these. Seem too last longer as I went through a phase of buying halford own brand junk that popped frequently. Can recommend.
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire
I've used them & got five years use out of them before one failed; they are much better than standard bulbs. I've replaced them with Philips X-treme Vision +130, which are noticeably brighter. I've only had those since January so I can't really comment on how long they'll last.
AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
I've got them fitted in the fogs of my Gt, they are OK. For the price of two Nightbreakers on the internet, you can buy one Halfrauds own brand bulb, this alone makes them worthwhile!
In my experience there isn't a bulb on the market that lives up to expectations when using the original lens/reflector.
If you want better light output then a conversion to HID and projector is the only way.
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
I wouldn't buy any others now. Much better than standard brightness and last just as long if not more than cheaper bulbs. Often decent deals on them to be found on ECP or eBay too.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
breakers , night , osram