Battery..I hope! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 17-01-08 Thread Starter
Battery..I hope!

I've had a 156 2.4jtd for 3 years and have had the associated problems with suspension and various warnings flashing up from time to time but I want to try and confirm the latest problem and hope it will just take a battery replacement to fix it.

Basically the car wont start, I thought it was just the battery but I did have the flashing glow plug warning for some time but am I right in thinking the car should still start even with faulty glow plugs? For a while it was a bit slow and sluggish to start but once it had been driven was fine. I know there are a million sensors as well, crank, tpc etc but surely a new battery would solve it. After reading various posts it may help the annoying Motor control failure and VDC failure warnings every now and then!!

Heres hoping.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Durham
Re: Battery..I hope!

it is very easy to decide if your battery is the problem, the engine will turn over slowly. if it doesnt turn over at all then it could be the battery but it could also be the starter motor. if it turns over at full speed then it is possibly the immob (key code light remaining illuminated?) but cant be the starter motor or battery.

your engine should start without the need for glow plugs, but on a cold morning it will be difficult to start.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

batteryi , hope