Leather Lollipop - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member
Leather Lollipop

After pressure from you know who I had to shift a load of potentially useful gear down to the dump.
This included a large coil of plastic water pipe (22mm). So having dumped the lot I realised that some water had collected whilst the pipe had been stored outside for some years. This had been released into the load area of my Sportswagen soaking the matting and sound deadening.
So the obvious solution (no pun intended) was to leave the windows open which I did for about 5 days. Luckily I park it under a car port so no danger of more water getting in.
When I next drove it I noticed that the gear knob felt very rough to the touch. Closer inspection reveals that it was well ripped up with teeth marks all around.
Am guessing that the local fox hopped in tempted by the great smell of leather and tucked in. Luckily he showed no interest in the seats which maybe didn't resemble fast food like the gear knob.
So replacement gear knob required. Anyone got one. All the s/h ones on ebay seemed to be from Bulgaria????

1969 Duetto | 1995 164 3.0 24v | 2001 166 3.0 24v

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

leather , lollipop