Front interior lights - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 25-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Front interior lights

Alfa 147 1.9JTD 16V 140HP 2003 , 5dr
The interior light for the front seats, above the middle console. Whenever I open the door, the lights used to turn on ,but even though it's in the right position, now they don't . The bulbs work.
I'm considering something related to the fuses, since this happened after I had to drive in some deep waters, due to unexpected heavy rain in my city. If that, which fuse exactly it is for interior lights and if not, what else can it be? Back interior lights work just fine when opening the door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

You have tested the bulbs in another position or with a battery? Do the illuminated mirrors on the sun visors still work?
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 26-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addo View Post
You have tested the bulbs in another position or with a battery? Do the illuminated mirrors on the sun visors still work?
All the lights still work ,the front roof interior lights just don't turn on when you open the door. If I put them in the on position , they work, no issues.

P.S. Thankfully I took the car out today and noticed some water splashing from my rear door. Guess what, the drain holes were clogged and there was water in my door. This car has some character, that's for sure.

AO Member

That's almost certainly a grounding problem. The cabin lights are supplied by the central/rear harness, from memory. There's a multi-way earth connector under the central console, and another near the cross rail that supports the front seats.
(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 26-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
That's almost certainly a grounding problem. The cabin lights are supplied by the central/rear harness, from memory. There's a multi-way earth connector under the central console, and another near the cross rail that supports the front seats.
It started doing it after the heavy rain yesterday during which i was forced to drive. Could that water have caused it? IF you could be more specific, i'll really appreciate it ,since I don't know my way around the car very much.
AO Member

I've circled the main body earthing locations in the cabin, there is also one in the boot under the rear plastic trim panel.

Another question, though - do the front light pair come on when you unlock the car, or when you open the front passenger door?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2263_sml_b.jpg (129.9 KB, 3 views)
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 27-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
I've circled the main body earthing locations in the cabin, there is also one in the boot under the rear plastic trim panel.

Another question, though - do the front light pair come on when you unlock the car, or when you open the front passenger door?
No - they don't lit up no matter what I do. Only when I turn them on manually do they work. Reaching those earthing locations seems like a big hassle unfortunately, if I have to remove everything that's above them.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
front , interior , lights

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page