Alfa 147 wobbles - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 22-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -North Shropshire

Member car:

147 Jtd

Alfa 147 wobbles

1, When my 05 diesel 147 hits a pothole the car momentarily loses power and i get the glow plug warning light flash up for a couple of seconds then everything goes back to normal ..
2, Then if i go over a humpbacked bridge which is local to me at normal speed the car loses pwer and i get the Low oil pressure warning come up even though the oil level is correct, the warning will stay on for the next 2 seconds or the next 5 mile or if i stop and turn it off n on again it will be ok
The 1st i suspect is electrical but where would be the 1st thing you'd look at and the 2nd should i be worried .. ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Lancashire
First point to say is that low oil pressure doesn't have much to do with oil level.......although in this case I'd agree its more likely to be an electrical connection issue. It may sound simple, but have you checked all the connections on the battery, including the main terminals themselves and those on the fuse box?
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 23-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -North Shropshire

Member car:

147 Jtd

Ive had the car 3 months and it's always done this since owning, ive installed a new clutch so i know the terminal connections are right and ive since been out to check the fuse box which seems in good order ..
Living in the sticks im often going down country lanes and hitting potholes or corrigated surfaces and this loss of power and low engine warning is getting annoying, ive tried searches but no one else seems to have had this problem ..
I'll spend tomorrow looking at more connections but i think this is going to turn into a headache ..

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
147 , alfa , wobbles

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page