GT JTDM 5 years of ownership - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
  • 1 Post By sevenpin0
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 20-09-16 Thread Starter
County: -
GT JTDM 5 years of ownership

hi its 5 years and 60 thousand miles since I bought her she is on 105 thousand now .This is a record of that 5 years .First thing I did was a Gus remap and EGR DELETE .That was the best thing I have done, she has run on supermarket fuel with a dose of Millers at every fill up .I then replaced the front cat for a straight pipe, much better pick up from then on .I had her on a rolling road after that, result was BHP 198 .Now how reliable has she been. The biggest failure I had was the swirl flaps this resulted in a new head and a few days off the road that is the one and only time it has happened .There have been several new parts fitted IE new clutch and flywheel at 59 thousand miles ,both clutch cylinders ,thermostat ,brake switch, several sets front tyres and only one I repeat one upper suspension arm .Why only one I hear you say these cars eat front suspension parts .well I run her on 16 " wheels, I was tempted like a lot of people to go bigger say 18", but I never got round to it ,but it just goes to show you if you run them o n the size that was original factory fit you can have no problems .I would like to and one more thing ,the low speed turbo sensor .I removed it to clean it 40 thousand miles ago it was covered in crud .Since then it is always clean when I check it .That is down to Millers and the EGR Delete in my opinion .She has just passed MOT again with one small advisory .This car has been the best car I have owned up to now .I am posting this to try and dispel some of the stories that say these cars are unreliable also I am letting her go in a couple months I will miss her I know I will
Simpson GT likes this.
Sponsored Links
County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

GT Blackline 1.9

Hi There,
Sounds like a champ of a car.
Wish i could say the same. 08, 61,000 Blackline i have replaced gearbox, DMF, X2 clutches, EGR valve, EGR cooler pipe, and x2 upper wishbones.
Not to mention a turbo rebuild and tappets replacement on Thursday.
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Alfa, Peugeot

Don't you love it when a manufacturer uses the full-freight-paying public as test dummies for product refinement?

Sifting through EPER you see all sorts of evolutionary notes; superseded suspension parts with footnotes like "Revised compound"...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

jtdm , ownership , years