Alfa GT Issue? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 17-09-16 Thread Starter
County: -
Alfa GT Issue?

Hi everyone

I have recently bought an Alfa GT Selespeed (2005) it was running fine and everything was good, but and yes there was always going to be a "but" I bought a used Alfa.........

I started driving and there was a squealing noise from underneath and I at first started losing drive intermittently then about half a mile further lost all drive and car would not go into gear at all, I never got an error message on the dash saying Selespeed failure.

I managed to get the car home and it is currently sitting on my drive looking pretty.

I will talk you through what happens and I hope that someone on here can shed some light on the problem?
When I turn on the ignition to light up the dash I get the message on the dash saying "Active Check" and no error message but and starting the car I can shift through all gears in city and sport mode and I can hear the mechanical clunk from the gearbox but as soon as I start the car the gearbox will not engage any gears at all, if I try to select 1st gear there is a rhythmic and dull click from under the car, I hear the Selespeed pump start when I open the driver door and the fluid in the Selespeed bottle is clear.
could it be clutch related rather than gearbox? any help advice very appreciated

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Alfa, Peugeot

At a wild guess, clutch release bearing has pushed through the clutch fingers.
AO Platinum Member
and he asked the same question last week and got exactly the same reply... (2005 Alfa GT Selespeed issue)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , issue