Alfa Romeo 147 1.9 JTDm 2006; Engine problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 15-09-16 Thread Starter

County: -
Alfa Romeo 147 1.9 JTDm 2006; Engine problem

Hello, I have a problem with my Alfa's engine. When I start it, it starts to shake and spreads strange noise, but it happens only when engine is cold, when it reaches about 60-70 degrees celcius everything is ok with noise and shaking, but when I accelerate engine spreads strange sound till 3000rpm and then it makes quietly and running fine. What the problem could be? I cleaned EGR, air flow sensor, checked engine ignition everything is fine...

There is a video of a problem:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Wrexham
sounds like running on 3 cylinders ?
try unplugging injector electrical connectors one at a time from cold with engine off, refit connectors and restart see if it sounds any better each time.
also a good dose of strong injector cleaner be worth a try especially if its never had any.
ask around if anyone can scan it with obd software and check a few things, i bet injector correction values are going to be over +/- 3 on one or more cylinder, but that doesnt directly condemn an injector just somewhere to investigate closer.
mechanical issue on a cylinder would also give bad correction values like swirl flap damage etc .

(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 15-09-16 Thread Starter

I have tried that test with injectors when you need to unplug them, and the sound changed on every injector, altough injectors were changed, and tested, checked with OBD and there is everything okay... I will check with professional ECU programing program this weekend. Any ideas?

(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 16-09-16 Thread Starter

Ok, we have checked all the car with proffesional program, and find that the injectors aren't synchronised with ECU (Codes were different). Altough, injectors which are now included do not have any code only numbers, but in the ECU we saw that there is code with letters and numbers. So, I found my old injectors, it has different top from these ones and it differes only that my old injectors have code(numbers, letters) and those which are now included have only code with numbers. So, is there any possibility that those injectors which are now included are too old for this engine?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
147 , 2006 , alfa , engine , jtdm , problem , romeo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page