Fuel pump for a 156 1.8 Twin Spark urgently needed - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 14-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: -
Exclamation Fuel pump for a 156 1.8 Twin Spark urgently needed

Hi,

Does anyone have an in-tank fuel pump for an Alfa 156 1.8 Twin Spark in good working order with no leaks!

My pump is leaking at an alarming rate and I need to get it swapped ASAP. I can't afford a brand new one.

I have a chap on here looking for one today but thought I'd ask to see if anyone else has one laying around that they'd be willing to sell and post. Can pay via PayPal.

Ideally I'm looking to replace on Friday eve / Saturday morning.

Hopefully someone on here can help!

Thanks in advance.

Rockin' all over the road in Alfas since 1998 including: 164 TS, 164 QV 24v, 166 3.0 Super, 159 JTDM, 75 TS Veloce, 156 1.8 TS Veloce and the Giulietta Cloverleaf.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Consider the mix-and-match approach. Your leak is in the top section; that is common to many models of pump - possibly even other marques. Why not look for a unit which can donate its top to your bottom?
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 14-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addo View Post
Consider the mix-and-match approach. Your leak is in the top section; that is common to many models of pump - possibly even other marques. Why not look for a unit which can donate its top to your bottom?
Easier said than done! Just need to get one quickly. Appreciate the advice though.
AO Member

I'd call this as the simplest approach actually. You realise there are multiple listed variants of fuel pump for your stated vehicle?

Parlez-vous un peu FranÁais?

So there is the risk of not getting the correct one. It's possibly the plug which differs, or the hose clic fitting.

I was tinkering with cars before the internet made it so simple. I haven't forgotten travelling silly distances to buy "good" parts and then discover they were worse than the ones I was seeking to replace, or just plain wrong. Or paying for stuff to be posted to me, and discover similarly, it was rubbish or incorrect. So I like to spread my options and minimise risk. At the very least you should post up your "No. for spares" and compare that which comes with the VIN of any donor vehicle, if you want to buy a whole pump.
(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 14-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Got one. Hopefully it's all OK and this isn't a common problem, albeit a known issue...
AO Member

County: Wiltshire-
Garage
1.8 TS Fuel Pump

Hi,
I have a 156 1.8 TS I am about to scrap. I can remove the fuel pump tomorrow and courier it to you. The car was working fine - it just became a donor car after my father in law had a bit of a front end bump in his 156. PM me if you want more details.
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 15-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Alexander View Post
Hi,
I have a 156 1.8 TS I am about to scrap. I can remove the fuel pump tomorrow and courier it to you. The car was working fine - it just became a donor car after my father in law had a bit of a front end bump in his 156. PM me if you want more details.
Hi Karl,

It would certainly be worth removing it as a spare. You never know, the one I have coming may well turn out to be faulty although I sincerely hope not!

It seems that it's not an uncommon issue so, at the very least, keep it as a spare for yourself!

I'll keep you posted.

Many thanks

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , fuel , needed , pump , spark , twin , urgently