Solid Flywheel Recomendations - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ej2_sir

(Post Link) post #1 of 18 Old 11-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Derbyshire
Solid Flywheel Recomendations

Right so Im nearly due a new clutch and im guessing dmf is probably on its last legs. So ive been looking at the solid flywheel option. Dont really want to debate the pros/cons, just interested in where people have had theres from and price/experiences etc. The car has been mapped and i am used to driving my other cars with lightened flywheels.
ive spotted this kit which seems very cheap and not a bad brand
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOLID-FLYW...AAAOSwAuNW5te6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
I have the autolusso one, which gives a nice OE pedal feel and handles the 240 BHP and 600nm of my hybrid nicely..the clutch release bearing will be noisier adding to your diesel rattle at idle but its a worthwhile conversion for mapped cars..

not sure about the one you posted but given the labour or time it takes if doing yourself I would rather go with a known quantity..The Autolusso one is 100 more but a good few cars are running it with no issues to report...
(Post Link) post #3 of 18 Old 11-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks ill take a look at the autolusso one, ill be doing it myself so labour is all saved

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej2_sir View Post
Thanks ill take a look at the autolusso one, ill be doing it myself so labour is all saved
I recently ordered a Valeo DMF/clutch kit from that ebay seller. It's legit. The kit was fitted without any problem and works very well since. I don't know about the conversion kit but I reckon it's quality too.
AO Silver Member

whar power are you pushing out..?

if its less than 220 bhp and under 450nm you will be fine with a stage 1 clutch, i ran one for a good few thousand miles with zero slippage or problems, it was with the stock DMF, I still haveit in my garage ...although the DMF and stock clutch would never have held what the car is putting out now, which is why I changed.

if I was running a lower powered map I would for comfort, noise and pedal feel go for the stage 1 and DMF...

anyway, you have athumbs up for at least 2 of the available options beyween Nador and I, and as you are doing the work yourself it should work out pretty cost effective whichever you choose.

BTW alfadoit is also running the autolusso SMF and GTA clutch conversion kit and he is pushing 270 BHP and 600 NM ....so it isn't just tested, it's ''really tested''..

It's Busso time ..
(Post Link) post #6 of 18 Old 12-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

cheers for your input. Cars not running massive power (alfatune remap) prob 190bhp not sure on torque? I was really looking at it as a cost efficient fix as i got a fair few other jobs (cambelt/injectors) etc to sort. was just checking in with people who have done it to make sure it doesnt make the car too harsh!
AO Silver Member

Quote:
cheers for your input. Cars not running massive power (alfatune remap) prob 190bhp not sure on torque? I was really looking at it as a cost efficient fix as i got a fair few other jobs (cambelt/injectors) etc to sort. was just checking in with people who have done it to make sure it doesnt make the car too harsh!

if you want cost efficient you can have my stage one clutch and DMF for 100...20k on both..changed because the car is now pushing out 240ish.

PM me of you are interested...I have to be completely honest and say at 190bhp you don't need the SMF, I would stay DMF at that state of tune ( I did) and unless you plan to push for more with a hyrbid turbo my clutch kit will handle anything a stock turbo and re-map can trow at it, and at 20k old easy got 50k left in it...
(Post Link) post #8 of 18 Old 12-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks alot for the advice mate. Im gonna pass on the offer purely cause i like to fit new when doing the drivetrain. The clutch that was fitted 80k ago was the Ducatti Corse one, do you mind me asking who your stage 1 was from? CG?
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Thanks alot for the advice mate. Im gonna pass on the offer purely cause i like to fit new when doing the drivetrain. The clutch that was fitted 80k ago was the Ducatti Corse one, do you mind me asking who your stage 1 was from? CG?
no problems fella , happy to help..

it was an uprated ''dimpled'' OEM one designed for the GT cloverleaf 170, they are rated to well over that, my car was mapped to 211 and 490 NM and zero,none,nada slippage.

flywheel was also genuine Alfa part and both were fitted by Autolusso Bournemouth.

did look at both the CG and the Drivetorque options but they are largely an unknown quantity on the Alfa's..go with tried and tested. the GTA one whilst being certain to work is overkill for your state of tune TBH...but it won't slip though that's for certain!
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
The pressure plate & release bearing are quite clearly not Valeo on that cheap ebay SMF/clutch kit. In-fact the pressure plate design looks quite different. I've no idea what its like, never heard of anyone fitting it.
(Post Link) post #11 of 18 Old 12-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

ok well i think youve all made my mind up then, dmf and new clutch it is. Same company has this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUAL-MASS-...IAAOSwuTxV-Vbl
checked the part numbers and they check out for mine (05 jtdm). I know its stock but do you all recon it will stand up to my level of tune? Im not hard on clutches generally and dont drive lazy with them.
AO Member

County: Renfrewshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nador View Post
I recently ordered a Valeo DMF/clutch kit from that ebay seller. It's legit. The kit was fitted without any problem and works very well since. I don't know about the conversion kit but I reckon it's quality too.
I got a dmf and valeo clutch from the same guy in January and it all went on fine and has been workin with out any issues since, so i would imagine this kit is good too.
AO Gold Member

County: Lincolnshire
Quote:
ok well i think youve all made my mind up then, dmf and new clutch it is. Same company has this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUAL-MASS-...IAAOSwuTxV-Vbl
checked the part numbers and they check out for mine (05 jtdm). I know its stock but do you all recon it will stand up to my level of tune? Im not hard on clutches generally and dont drive lazy with them.
I went for om dmf and the 170bhp clutch on my 185bhp GT........its been brill. After I fitted it, I did think I should have gone smf. I would still go smf if I ever needed to replace the clutch, then maybe a hybrid turbo.

But I have not had one single issue with my current set up.
AO Member

Garage
well, did a quick search and cross reference on the numbers on the box in the original pic and it looks like its a clutch kit for the Audi/Skoda/VW 1.9 turbo diesels and none of the other sites listed it as suitable for a Alfa GT...or any Alfa diesel...
(Post Link) post #15 of 18 Old 12-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Yeah to be honest i wont be taking the power any further, got other cars for that so ill probably go with the one listed.I have a sneaky feeling its probably only the release bearing thats starting to give up but if im taking the box off I may as well refresh everything
(Post Link) post #16 of 18 Old 12-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

With regards to the AP Raicam kit, they are an OE supplier (like Valeo)
link to there online catalogue for part numbers http://www.raicam.com/fileadmin/cont...a_141218-1.pdf
AO Member

Garage
interesting link to their catalogue as they list a smf conversion for the 1.9 diesel as SFC47016 and found quite a few suppliers in Italy:

https://www.amazon.it/FRIZIONE-VOLAN...e+alfa+147+jtd

slightly cheaper that the ebay kit, depending on the current exchange rate...

oh and their seems to be a uk supplier:

AP Automotive Prod. SFC47016 - Clutch Kit 4in1 Flywheel Conversion Kit - Eclipse Auto Parts

but no prices on their web page...
(Post Link) post #18 of 18 Old 13-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Yeah I must admit I'm kind of tempted to be a guinea pig! I've worked in parts years ago and AP products were always generally well thought of. Catalogue covers a lot of Alfa's too!
samsdads156jtd likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
flywheel , recomendations , solid

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page