2007 Alfa GT JTD Clutch Master Cylinder Removal - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 11-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: West Midlands
Garage
2007 Alfa GT JTD Clutch Master Cylinder Removal

Has anyone been through the process of changing a clutch master cylinder on a GT as I'm looking for some instruction or even a DIY.

I have done searches all day and not managed to find one.

Being new to the Alfa family any help would be much appreciated or direction to a workshop manual would be great.

Thanks in advance...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Its held onto the footwell with just 2 nuts. I bet the pipe that comes straight out the back is the tricky bit.

To do it, i imagine you need to have your back on the footwell floor with your feet on the drivers seat.

I'm curious to know as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AO Member

County: -
If it's like the 147, the master feed pipe is held on to the hard line with a clic clip. If the reservoir is shared with your brakes, try to extract its filler neck screen and syringe out most of the DOT4. Use lots of rags to catch the remainder when disconnecting the master's outlet pipe, if you wait it will drain most of the rest this way before you unclip the feed pipe.

Depending on tools and access, you might want to use a regular hose clip on the feed hose when reassembling. If you just leave the car sitting for a while after refilling the reservoir you shouldn't need to bleed any air out.
AO Member

County: Derbyshire
i did it a while ago so memory is a bit hazy but essentially:
take engine cover off, look down back of inlet manifold
Drain off fluid, pull main connector and catch fluid. Theres another rubber line that connects to a hard pipe, pull this off.
Go into cabin, dissasemble pedal clip etc and put lots of cloths down. undo 2 bolts and wonder how its ever going to clear the bulkhead shield, swear and pull and twist etc for about 20 mins until it pulls through.
Wonder how its happened and make sure you dont spill fluid over carpets/paintwork. Then as haynes says refitting is the reverse of the previous steps. Good bleed and your done.
hope this helps a little as mentioned it was about a year ago so i cant remember every minute detail
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 12-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: West Midlands
Garage
Thanks guys, much appreciated...

So after a bit of finding my around the engine bay and footwell I finally committed and got the job done.

I was going to put a write up together and just wondered if we have a dedicated DIY section I havent found yet or shall I just contribute in the GT section ?

Completely new to this...

Many thanks
AO Silver Member

If you just continue in this thread, people can search the title and it can be 'stickied' upon request, into the how-to collection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
2007 , alfa , clutch , cylinder , jtd , master , removal