Window problem!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 11-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 156

Window problem!!

A couple of weeks before christmas the village thug had an argument with my eldest son and decided to take it out on me by smashing my rear screen and rear drivers side door glass

I was only insured tpft so the glass wasn't covered....police know its him but have no"evidence" so i have had to fork out £300 today to get the windows done

To make matters worse we had scaffolding up at the house so i could not get the car in the garage and the builders caught the back of the car with a trailer and ripped off the back light and split the bodywork ...(they have said to get it done and they will pick up the bill)

Question is that the window now does'nt wind up or down and the guy who fitted it says the regulator is bust and if i get one he'll fit it for £ it a hard job or does £30 seem reasonable??
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Re: Window problem!!

Id say so, you cant get anyone to do anything for less!
AO Gold Member

It's an easy job - door trim off, an angle bracket held by two bolts and a screw, the plastic clip from mechanism to the glass, then 5 10mm nuts holding the mechanism to the frame, and the electrical connection to the motor....

I guess about 45 minutes if everything goes smoothly, an hour or so of there are not over the top charges.

Tho it sort of begs the question of how he changed the glass if the mechanism was stuck - its difficult to get the glass in if the mechanism isn't wound down....
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 13-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 156

Thanks for the replys...i too wondered how he managed to change it with the window wound up but he has!...i also don't understand how before the glass was smashed the window worked perfectly

Think i'll have a look at it myself first an try and save a little bit!!

I have found someone breaking one on ebay and they want £25 for the regulator.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

problem , window