Upper intercooler hose 1.9 8v jtd 156 2003 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 05-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Fife

Member car:

156 1.9it'd 8v

Thumbs Up Upper intercooler hose 1.9 8v jtd 156 2003

Hey guys
I'm struggling to source an intercooler pipe for my 156 1.9 8v jtd it's 2003 pre face lift model.
I noticed a sense of no particular urgency at low revs and light throttle yesterday when we were out for the day.
Before I made the journey home I discovered a 2" split in the hose close to inlet manifold, I cleaned it up and taped it with duck tape and drop e home.
I noticed a slight improvement but not sure just how much difference it's made as the car is always driven carefully and never revved hard.
Got in it this morning and noticed an improvement again in low speed/low revs driving.
So I'm happy I found this problem which leaves me to find a replacement hose and finding out how to fit it and what to look out for, and if to 're use the existing hose clips.
Alfa workshop were very kind they gave me the part number 60676178 unfortunately they don't supply it.
I've seen one or two on ebay with this part number approx 30 just no sure of quality and alfa ask about 90.
Any advice e would be megga, also looking for a workshop manual.
Cheers so much guys
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Gwynedd
Silicon from autolusso and new fittings. Cheaper and better than the Alfa part and most importantly they come in pretty colours so you can make your Alfa look like a rice rocket under the hood!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , 2003 , hose , intercooler , jtd , upper