156 Front Seatbelt change - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 11-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Norfolk
156 Front Seatbelt change

The drivers side seatbelt (2002 SW) attracted the attention of the last owners doggy. I need to change it but all neatly encased in plastics. Has anybody any hints on how to tackle job, and whether I will find a normal set of fittings or another Alfa 'one off' unique fitting.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Re: 156 Front Seatbelt change

No special tools - but a fair amount of dismantling. The belt may be shared with other Alfa Fiat models but I'd get a replacement from / for a 156 to be safe....

On the pillar you need to remove the front and rear kick plates, or at least loosen them, peel back the door rubbers, then the bottom section of the pillar trim can be (carefully) flexed off. It's easy to break the clips / brackets so go gently. This gives you access to the main belt assembly - there is an electrical connection to the belt which needs to be unplugged, otherwise its just a 19mm bolt.

the cover for the top mounting of the belt can be prised off, then the belt unbolted. I'm trying to remember how the top section of the pillar trim is held on - I think its a screw at the bottom , then clips at the top - again go gently..... Once the cover is off there is a small bar that the belt runs behind - a small clip holds this - it will be obvious when you see it.......

On the seat end there is a blanking plug that covers the bolt fixing, then the belt can come out without removing the seat side trim, IIRC.....

All this is from memory....If you need pix I can possibly get some and check details tomorrow / monday...

Call me on 07976 384980 if it wll help.

AROC Vice-Chairman and Lancashire Section Secretary

Alfa organ donor to the gentry......

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , change , front , seatbelt