air bag warning light - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 11-01-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

Well Happy air bag warning light

my air bag warning light on my 156 has been on permanantly for a few days whilst the engine is running.benfield motors at newcastle told me to take it in and they will put it on there computer for a fee of 60 just to tell me what is causing the problem then a further fee for sorting it. i happend to mention it to one of the lads at work today. he told me of a local garage that had a SNAP-ON diagnostics hand held computer that can be pluggd into most car on-board computers from 1996-2007. as my car is due for its mot i called in the said garage on the way home from work to book it in. while i was there i mentioned the problem with my airbag warning light. he went and got his diagnostics computer, plugged it into my cars onboard computer, found the warning light and reset it. BINGO problem took him litterally 5 minutes. NO CHARGE.
Sponsored Links
Re: air bag warning light

Although your airbags won't deploy with the light on it's not currently a testable item for UK Mot. However,free's good.

Mine comes on every 3 months or so but I can reset it myself in a couple of minutes with alfa-diag.
AO Member
County: Tyne and Wear
Idea Re: air bag warning light

Hi just reseting the airbag is OK but there must be a problem with the wiring/connectors on these models there have been numerous mods!! rwb41959 what was the fault codes on the diag/snap on gear.

In my case I know that when I check the diag code is nearly always for the airbags in the seat uprights and just once for the one under the passenger seat.In each case just reseating the connections before the light is reset fixes it.
AO Member

my light came on and has stayed on since the cold snap a few weeks ago. the VDC warning kicked in and it has been on ever since

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

air , bag , light , warning