Alfa Romeo 147 Collezione 1.6 L Petrol first time buyer - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 30-08-16 Thread Starter

County: -
Question Alfa Romeo 147 Collezione 1.6 L Petrol first time buyer

Hello all

First time buyer here , I'm looking to purchase a car and I fell in love with the 147. I managed to find Alfa Romeo 147 Collezione 1.6 L Petrol 2010 model with full extras which is going for around Ä5000 ono.

Alfa Romeo 147 Collezione 1.6 L Petrol only has around 45,000 miles which imo is relatively little. I'm relatively new to alfa (so is my family, although my father owns an alfa giulietta spider 1956) so if you have any feedback on what I should check when I go see the car is relatively helpful and also if they give any problems in the long run will be appreciated.

One last question, me living in such a small island in Malta and hence a lot of traffic shall I be cautious to anything in particular when purchasing the car and what is the average mpg of this car?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (62.2 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Gwynedd
Presumably rust isn't a problem in Malta therefore your new purchase should live forever with good routine servicing. Petrol is the sensible choice for short blasts. The Ts is a great engine. On a test drive:
Don't worry about any knocks and creaks from the front as all 147 will need wishbones and drop links reasonably frequently. Ask the seller to drop the price accordingly. The roll bar bushes however are expensive to fit and this is felt as knocking through the floor. The subframe needs removing so a seemly minor fault can cost 4hours of labour to rectify. I'd imagine air con is essential so check it's icey cold as it's expensive and time consuming looking for small leaks. Don't believe the seller if they say it just needs a regass. Clutches are costly (like any car) but the petrol cars fair better. At this mileage all should be good. The pedal should be light. Again this is not an Alfa issue but a recent timing belt service adds value to the car and plugs are reasonably expensive. If it needs a big service then your first year of ownership could be costly.
Generally in my experience Alfa ownership is no more costly or daunting than other marques. Welcome to the gang.
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 30-08-16 Thread Starter

County: -
Hello thanks for such a detailed reply . Regards the mpg since i have been listing to various different numbers what is the average mpg on such a car?
Thanks

AO Silver Member

County: Gwynedd
I'd be very surprised if you get more than 30mpg if your journeys are short.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
alfa 147 performance , collezione , mpg