Well done Yanislav from MES - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
  • 1 Post By jonb.gt
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 28-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

GT 2.0 JTS

Well done Yanislav from MES

Since the recent strange electrics issues with my car I finally am back in the position where I can connect to the Diagnostics Port to clear errors and maybe do a "Proxi". Or so I thought. I started my netbook and selected the partition I keep Multiecuscan on (it's a tiny Windows XP partition). When it loaded Windows went into "found new hardware" mode and automatically installed some unknown and unexpected new device then demanded a restart for whatever it was to work properly. After the restart I ran MES and found I was now the proud owner of an unregistered version grrr. No worries, I thought, just re-enter the License Key. "Invalid key" the software tells me; WTF I think. Once I'd calmed down a bit I figure that the "phantom install" could have changed the hardware configuration of my netbook. On checking I found that the "Hardware Key" in the registration dialog box HAD changed from when I initially registered the software.

So I finally get to the point of this posting - by the time I'd figured all this out it was late Saturday afternoon. I sent an email to MES support requesting assistance expecting it would be seen some time on Monday and I'd maybe receive a reply asking for more info or more verification sometime later in the week. What in fact happened was when I checked my emails Sunday lunchtime, I had got a reply complete with a new working License Key. So as the title says well done Yanislav.

Checked out the car today and "Proxi" all fine some (expected) errors recorded - cleared them, all good now.
Egon likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

mes , yanislav