Strange driving? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 21-08-16 Thread Starter
County: UK

Member car:

147 2.0 ts lusso

Strange driving?

I've had my 147 2.0 ts for a fair few years now and I'm happy to say it's been a joy to own and drive. Recently I've been experiencing a troublesome issue with its driving manner.

It's become nervous during lower rev acceleration but clears when you give it a good old boot. When you lift your foot off, it slows smoothly as expected for a few seconds then decelerates excessively with quite a jerk. Such is the effect that it's becoming quite unpleasant to drive.

I've consulted a competent local garage and they've suggested a fuel filter fault. However, my understanding it that the petrol 147 doesn't have a serviceable filter but only a gauze built into the fuel pump assembly.

I've run the last couple of tanks with a high quality fuel cleaner but with no noticeable improvement.

Resent servicing has seen parts such as plugs, maf and both O2 sensors replaced with Bosch or genuine Alfa parts. It has presented a fault code of P1173 a couple of times. This was pre-service and all hoses and maf etc were checked over with nothing untowards found.

I'm at a loss of what to look at next and would be grateful of any advise.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

driving , strange