rough running - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 19-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dumfries and Galloway

Member car:

156 2.5 v6

rough running

So I have a 2000 156 2.5 v6 and as the title says it running rough. So far I have replaced oil and filter, fuel filter and pump, air filter, air intake hose between maf and throttle body, crank sensor and lambda sensor. I've done ecu and throttle body reset and still no joy. The oil breather pipe at the back of the engine was loose so put new clip on nice and tight. Everytime I fix something car runs OK for about a day then the problem returns. Tried to connect an ecu scanner but it wouldn't connect. I'll try another one when I can but does anyone have any ideas about this that could help. Vid here https://m.facebook.com/groups/662842...96774287071372
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -
Garage
I have similar issues with mine TS engine, tomorrow I am going to change the only thing I didn't try, MAF, so try to replace the MAF and see how it runs
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Silver GT 3.2 V6

I was on holiday in France a couple of weeks ago (Normandy and Brittany) and my GT 3.2 was running a bit rough during the holiday. We got back to Calais and stopped at the Cite Europe shopping centre to stock up with wine before coming home. Got back in the car and it would not start. Called breakdown cover and after a short wait a very nice French breakdown guy advised the battery had died. He started the car using a booster pack and took us to 'French Halfrauds' who sold me a Varta battery and fitted it for a very nice price (for them!). It's now like driving a different car, so smooth and powerful. We were in France for two and a half weeks and I had no warning apart from the windows playing up a bit, the car had been starting fine. It may be worth looking at the battery and at least giving it a charge, and if its a few years old it may be worth replacing.....

Visit my Flickr pages at https://www.flickr.com/photos/chrism399/

My Alfa History: 1983 Alfasud Sprint Speciale, 1999 145 Cloverleaf (QV), 2001 156 2.0 TS, 2003 156 2.0 JTS
My Current Alfa: 2005 GT 3.2 V6

(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 24-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.5 v6

Think it might be something to do with the injoctor loom. I've downladed multi scan just waiting on cable being delivered now
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 06-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.5 v6

Well cable came there was loads of faults stored. Cleared them all as I didn't know how old they were. So far hasn't misbehaved 😁

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
rough , running

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page