147 Lusso Bose Sound System - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 07-01-08 Thread Starter
147 Lusso Bose Sound System

Hello, this is my first post!

I have just bought 2003 147 2.0 TS Lusso Selespeed, but I still have to collect it from the owner!!

The speakers in the car are bose speakers, but the head unit didn't say bose. Does anyone know if a bose amp and subwoofer come standard with this model?

-I am confused because I asked the owner if it comes with a subwoofer and 10 cd changer but he said no, but forums give me the idea that this is all standard with the bose system.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: 147 Lusso Bose Sound System

Have no fear, it's Bose all right. The headunit is made by someone else (Blaupunkt I think), but the speakers are Bose, and the amp (which takes over from the headunit amp) is also a Bose model.

The Subwoofer is hidden in the boot, on the passenger side, not too obvious but you'll see the BOse name on the panel covering it. Note also that the little tweeters with 'Bose' written on them on the passenger doors don;t actually have speakers in them, Bose use a dual-concentic design with the tweeters also mounted in the main speakers.

Very nice too, although I find a bit harsh with heavy rock styles. Bose have never been that suited to distorted guitar-type music, but it's still a great sound system.

Note when the car comes on, the bose sub and amp seems to be off until you increase the volume a notch or two, and awith a click, on comes the extra grunt and super subbiness. I thought this was a fault with just my car, but others report it too so it must be a 'feature'!

Enjoy your new 147!! I know I am!!

Edit: the 10CD changer is an option, not standard....
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 08-01-08 Thread Starter
Re: 147 Lusso Bose Sound System

Thats great! Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks!

Well I Don't mind not having the 10 CD changer as I won't be changing CDs often so its pertfect for me as long as it has the sub and amp!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , bose , lusso , sound , system