Engine running problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 17-08-16 Thread Starter

County: -
Engine running problems

Hi complete newbie here after looking through the forums all morning trying to find something similar im still at a loss. I recently bought a 147 1.6 t.s good condition and was running well until i had a little accident i misjudged the size of a speed bump hit it a little hard and put a lovely little(Big) hole in my sump. have since had it fixed and its all back together. the car was still running fine but has now started to act up when i seem to stop a lights and junctions and go to pull away in 1st again there doesnt seem to be any power it just sort of judders along the road. i need to turn the ignition on and off for the revs to kick in. its also very sluggish when driving in general no accelaration and if the car does eventually get up to speed it wont go past 3500 revs and 70mph. ive read about maf problems but have no idea how to check that as when i disconnect it the car just stalls. any advice would be greatly appreciated. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Gwynedd
Is there a fault code / eml light?

How much oil did you lose before stopping the engine?
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 20-08-16 Thread Starter

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmayhead View Post
Is there a fault code / eml light?

How much oil did you lose before stopping the engine?
nope no light and theres nothing showing up on diagnostic though im dubious about the software used. erm not sure the low oil pressure came on immediatly so i stopped by the time i got out and checked the engine there was no oil left

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
engine , problems , running

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page