New project - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 15-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Durham
Garage

Member car:

156 v6 x2

New project

Ebay, great for parts and even better for adding a new car you weren't actually looking for. While looking to add to the list of never ending parts i'd been sorting for my 156 v6 i came across something i couldn't say no to.

!998 156 with the gta kit, new clutch, new replacement v6 engine direct from alfa not so long ago and a bucket load of service history to go with it. Having read the quality add and its write up i can't say i was expecting anything mint, an hour spent checking all the oily bits and the state of the floor my hand was quickly in my wallet.

Now parked on the drive way awaiting said list of new parts i'd ordered for my other v6, the 305's, gta leather, koni/eibach suspension and all my other goodies. Couple of months with the spanners and she'll be ready for the snow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg (183.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (157.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 1520760_10151821393653372_2003238076_n.jpg (11.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 1492260_10151821392453372_277187410_o.jpg (71.1 KB, 11 views)

its broke again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire
Nice one , But the kit is a zender kit but still not many about so nice 1 looks good and the rear spoiler i think is a veloce one with a reflector sat in the middle.

Unless the car in the pic is your car thats waiting for other to arrive .

Every time i see a car like yours i feel the need to buy it . but the wife has tamed me now

Last edited by mirlock; 15-08-16 at 18:35.
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 15-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

156 v6 x2

Zender eh cheers for the heads up. Had the big daft cant see a bloody thing out the rear window on my other one.

Speaking of other one, mid under seal and twenty other things

"Every time i see a car like yours i feel the need to buy it . but the wife has tamed me now" Happily divorced
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13901519_10153758879943372_1669943201130736539_n.jpg (93.0 KB, 11 views)

AO Member

County: Cheshire
Garage
Well done sir, i am also an impulsive project buyer, that's how i got my first alfa.....checking my saved searches "non runner / failure / project / work" ending soonest and saw a cracking 04 plate (this was back in 2010 so only 6 years old) Alfa 147 snapped cam belt and no MOT 225.00 with seconds to go, entered 240 and hit place bid, won it !!! absolutely elated for 10 seconds till i saw it was in Middlesborough, 250 miles away ! anyway picked it up next night fixed it, drove it for 6 months, fancied a new project and sold it for 2500 !
Hope your new project brings joy not tears.

Always looking for the next project, why have 1 boring new car when you can have 3 or 4 decent project cars ?
(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 15-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

156 v6 x2

Middlesborough, only down the road from me, lovely place too. always great when you make a profit, only problem is me selling the bloody things. Happily this was only 20 mins away so no 400 mile round trip like my last one
AO Member

County: Cheshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasonsv6 View Post
Middlesborough, only down the road from me, lovely place too. always great when you make a profit, only problem is me selling the bloody things. Happily this was only 20 mins away so no 400 mile round trip like my last one
Well done Lad!

Lovely family i bought it off in Middlesborough even made me a butty and cup of tea when i got there.

I must have owned 50+ cars in my 30 years driving life, about 15 daily drivers and the rest were project toys, i can honestly say i regret selling every one of them, some of the old Toyota RA28 Celicas and Fiat 131 super mirafiori's i used to buy for a few quid are going for 15k plus now !

Have you ever seen program on discovery about the car hoarders? that would be my dream !
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 15-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

156 v6 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by biddyrascal View Post

Have you ever seen program on discovery about the car hoarders? that would be my dream !
Yeah id be the same, had a few cars over the years i wish id kept, especially the mk1 and mk2 golfs and a certain 155 v6 i bought off a chap from glasgow years ago. Hindsight, awesome thing.

Had the red one 4 years so hopefully the new one lasts as long or i get bored and go back to vag.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
project

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page