Sorry to hijack this thread but it asks most of the questions i have.
I currently have had an Audi A3 as my own funded "company car" which I've had for 2 years an have done 60,000 miles plus. I have always been an Audi and Alfa fan (due to their motor sport history) and have owned 2 x A4 Avants (prior to my A3) and a Alfa Romeo Spider. I bought the A3 as it was the first time i have ever bought my own company car and i wanted bullet proof reliability which it has been (only a throttle body has been replaced other than standard service).
So now i have proved the costs add up, it seems i can afford something more or take a risk, thats why i am thinking of an Alfa GTd. My questions are:
- Is it really reliable? Bearing in mind i am looking at 3 years and up to 100k
- Does it really do 45mpg?
- Most of my driving is on motorway or in heavy traffic in town is it really cut out for this?
- As i am expecting to do 100K over 3 years, is this the car for me?
- What are my expected costs for this kind of mileage? I hear suspension parts etc.
- How do you get a test drive. I have been speaking to Alfa UK for over a month asking for an extended test drive, but I can't get any sense. In fact my two nearest dealers (20 - 25 miles away
) have either shut thier sales dept or are closing. Should i be worried?
- I live near a very good independent specialist who i want to service my car, does anyone know if this will effect my 3 year warranty as he is not an official Alfa dealer?
Thanks in advance
PS. Anyone who questions an A3 sporting credentials obviously hasn't driven one in anger. It's no out and out sports car but for fast long distance driving it's fantastic.