New family member - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 07-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 v6 1999

New family member

Hi all .............. thanks for the replies from my first post. On Saturday I picked up a new family member .....156 v6 1999 with nice body kit and 17". It has a few problems ....the major one being the gearbox......revs to almost 2000rpm and no more, can move foward just to move it, it seems to fire up ok but the gearbox ? ....I have read the posts by lotuschris and the replies from him this willl give me good help for this problem. Also it doesn't go into reverse so I believe they are 2 problems. I cleaned it and polish for the last few days and now its a totally new car ...well the outside anyway. Anyone have ideas on the type of body kit it has. The seller said it was a 'monza' type body kit but I cannot find any photos on this. It is all alfa parts for the kit so hopefully soneone can give me an idea on the type of kit. As for the wheels .....I will need to replace the 2 fronts ....they are now Federal Supersteel 215/45R 17 87v. Can anyone recommend tyres in this size? Well its going to take some time but soon it will be on the road and I will be hearing the sweetest sound ........Roger
Sponsored Links
Global Mod Team
County: Milano
Re: New family member

Moved to 156 Tech Lounge

Last edited by BigFoot; 08-01-08 at 03:45.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

family , member