Failing MAF? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 12-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Hampshire
Failing MAF?

Hi All,

It's been 6 months since I had quite a bit of work done on my little 147... It's an M-jet 16v

Anyhow, after all the work was done I was told my EGR and MAF needed replacing, and as I didn't know better I had a genuine EGR fitted but due to supply issues at the time a Delphi MAF was installed (Money was not an issue and I would have gladly paid for a genuine MAF)

Of course if I knew better at the time I would of had the EGR mapped out but you live and you learn eh?

I have a feeling that this bargain basement MAF is starting to fail (Maybe the 60 it cost me is playing on my mind!) but how would I know for sure? Car has no codes but does feel sluggish compared to when I picked her up (BTW the big work on the car involved a new recon turbo and again looking back if I knew better I would have looked at hybrids etc... )

Car is standard and totally up together mechanically so want to get this niggle addressed before I look at a new map etc....

Many thanks
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Gwynedd
Bosch only for he MAF seems to be the consensus on here. However, if it was working fine when first fitted then maybe your problems are elsewhere. Don't spend any money yet and have a good read on here about VNT hoses and egr blanks and spend some time poking around under the bonnet to work out what's working and what isn't.
Hopefully a few pence on some vacuum hoses could be all that is required.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 13-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Hampshire
Thanks for the reply

When the turbo was changed any bad hoses were replaced as well as the lower boost hose (Sadly not with a silicone one but again, lesson learned etc...) I will have another good look at any obvious issues but the car has only done 3k since all the work and has been run on BP Ultimate since I bought her.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

failing , maf