MP3 & BT Adapter - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cuore Sportivo

(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 11-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

147 GTA 3.2

MP3 & BT Adapter

Hey,

I am looking for MP3 & Bluetooth adapter for the 147, I currently have the Connect Nav.

I looked a bit and found Loudlink & Yatour, GROM and Xcarlink. which is the most recommended?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Carmarthenshire

Member car:

Alfa GT 3.2

I have a LoudLink in my GT and my Lancias. Personally, I would highly recommend them. Excellent pairing and sound. All the steering wheel controls work perfectly. Great bit of kit. Also - if you changed your Alfa for, say, a Lancia or Maserati (!) you can download the compatible firmware for the box and just get a replacement cable. Quite handy!

I did try an XcarLink.......briefly. Didn't get on with it - but maybe that's just me? I thought the Yatour was a bit cheap and plasticky IMHO.
AO Member

County: United Kingdom
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayrun View Post
Hey,

I am looking for MP3 & Bluetooth adapter for the 147, I currently have the Connect Nav.

I looked a bit and found Loudlink & Yatour, GROM and Xcarlink. which is the most recommended?

Thanks
I have the Connects2, and find it to be excellent. Took about 5 minutes to install, and the steering wheel controls work too.

(Post Link) post #4 of 12 Old 11-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

147 GTA 3.2

Can you connect to Bluetooth, SD Cards and USB drives from Connect2 and Loudlink?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
AO Member

County: United Kingdom
Garage
Quote:
Can you connect to Bluetooth, SD Cards and USB drives from Connect2 and Loudlink?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
With the Connects2, you can connect via Bluetooth, and I'm pretty sure you can do USB. I'll find the place I bought it from and you can have a look.

Connects2 Bluetooth & Hands Free
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning699 View Post
With the Connects2, you can connect via Bluetooth, and I'm pretty sure you can do USB. I'll find the place I bought it from and you can have a look.

Connects2 Bluetooth & Hands Free

+1 for the connects2 , I have had it installed for about a year now and after an interesting start ( incompatible Bluetooth protocols with my Samsung s4) it has been fine...

if you have a Samsung you may have to install a 3rd party app which will sort it, Bluetooth auto connect I think it was called...but don't let this put you off, it really is a great little unit, any other phone is plug and play, and my S6 has been fine from the get go.
AO Silver Member

County: Greater London
Garage

Member car:

147 Sport Q2

I have a GROM BT3 which came fitted to the car when I bought it. I have mixed feelings, mainly about the Android Dashlinq app. Like many do-lots-of-stuff apps it's flaky at times - though it's better than its predecessor that Grom quietly murdered after zillions of Play Store complaints. However Dashlinq rather takes over the phone with a UI intended to be helpful when driving, and shutting it down to get back to normal can be a struggle as it's designed to go into the background but stay running.

The Dashlinq built-in music player is a rather stupid thing, it seems unable to cope with directory structures, though maybe it's me. Also the design logic is unfathomable and the screen controls are obscure. However it's possible Dashlinq can stream any other music player, and I intend trying Poweramp with it. That at least can do a random traverse of all songs through folders, and has a UI that can be understood.

Pairing is reliable, the steering wheel buttons work fine, and sound quality over BT is really very good. There are also hundreds of web radio stations, until you hit a 3G/4G dead spot. But there are glitches that I don't want to cope with while I'm driving. Sometimes it seems not to initialise properly, and/or the console display continues to show the radio channel I'd been listening to earlier, or it won't play anything. Power cycling the radio (from which BT3 takes its power via the CD changer socket), usually fixes it.

I can't say a thing about phone use, although the BT3 is supposedly capable of making and taking handsfree calls I loathe taking or making calls whilst driving so I've never even explored it.

It's a reasonable halfway house to a proper Android console unit. For me it's all a bit too clever, fiddly and complicated, really, but I'm not an ICE enthusiast. I spend altogether too much time messing with them at home and work and just can't be bothered to faff with sodding computers whilst driving.\

[EDIT: Writing this provoked me into playing with the Dashlinq app some more, whilst offline. The My Music player is more capable than I stated above - it will recurse through folders and even on random play. The confusing UI is why I'd not discovered this, although I can see it makes more sense whilst driving once you know your way around. And a bit more exploration of Web Radio shows up about 1000 stations, and the UI for that is really rather good. So the only real glitch with the Grom is occasionally it fails to get detected when the unit is powered up. I think that only happens if the radio source selector has been left on it (the CD changer that is now gone), and the radio fails to detect the Grom because it hasn't initialised. The solution seems to be to switch source to Radio or CD, turn the radio off then on, then back to CD changer.

My phone is a Motorola MotoG 4g (S2), and there are no connection issues, it just works. The previous owner used it with an iPhone 5 and said it occasionally lost pairing, which I suspect was Apple rather than Grom.

Last edited by halftone; 17-08-16 at 09:57.
AO Member

County: West Yorkshire
Garage
Quote:
Hey,

Thanks
I have an excellent condition Yatour unit if your interested? Complete with the bluetooth add on unit
AO Member

County: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuore Sportivo View Post
I have an excellent condition Yatour unit if your interested? Complete with the bluetooth add on unit
Cuore Sportivo
Do you still have the Yatour available ?

Dave
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCru View Post
Cuore Sportivo
Do you still have the Yatour available ?

Dave
Yes Dave, it's currently still available

Do you have an email address as my PM inbox is full.
AO Member

County: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuore Sportivo View Post
Yes Dave, it's currently still available

Do you have an email address as my PM inbox is full.
Hi
You can get me on Dave.crucefix@gmx.co.uk
Look forward
Dave
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCru View Post
Hi
You can get me on Dave.crucefix@gmx.co.uk
Look forward
Dave
Email on it's way in 5 mins Dave!

CS
DaveCru likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
adapter , mp3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page