Maf - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Status: Planning summer upgrades
AO Member
 
AussieAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Aussie in Sweden
County: Stockholm
Posts: 779
Images: 12
Garage
Seems you've got it sorted from what you said in your other post re: induction kit.

However I wouldn't go burning down bridges with David C if you're ever in need of very specific, highly specialised help as he is somewhat of a guru on these cars. So don't bite the hand that feeds would be my tip
AussieAlex is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
dgmayhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: Gwynedd
Posts: 1,372
The reason no one is able to explain how to fit an induction kit on a jtdm is because there is absolutely no reason to do so. There will be no power gain and the engine will sound even worse than it already does. Dump valve next I bet.
dgmayhead is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
t3yls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manchester
Posts: 2,879
Images: 4

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

There are 2 types of maf for the GT. Hope you got the right one.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
t3yls is offline  
 
(Post Link) post #29 of 34 Old 11-08-16 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
County: -
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmayhead View Post
The reason no one is able to explain how to fit an induction kit on a jtdm is because there is absolutely no reason to do so. There will be no power gain and the engine will sound even worse than it already does. Dump valve next I bet.

Cheers Head ..May i thank you now for your tech input... glad you gave me some head , so you reckon a dump valve would be a good idea ? Never heard of it and i dont want to feel like a Richard .head .........Such a lot of nice friendly people on here, especially little ol head here . He is always giving head is, always .
streamliner is offline  
Status: Inspired
AO Gold Member
 
Verbout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 9,993
Images: 11
Garage
You'll go far Paul, here's hoping
Verbout is offline  
(Post Link) post #31 of 34 Old 11-08-16 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
County: -
Posts: 18
Why thankyou kind sir, If i can go as far as you i would be a happy man
streamliner is offline  
Status: Inspired
AO Gold Member
 
Verbout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 9,993
Images: 11
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamliner View Post
Why thankyou kind sir, If i can go as far as you i would be a happy man
We've already got one of those
Verbout is offline  
(Post Link) post #33 of 34 Old 11-08-16 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
County: -
Posts: 18
I know ..i have spoken to him ..he is from Australia
streamliner is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
dgmayhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: Gwynedd
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamliner View Post
Cheers Head ..May i thank you now for your tech input... glad you gave me some head , so you reckon a dump valve would be a good idea ? Never heard of it and i dont want to feel like a Richard .head .........Such a lot of nice friendly people on here, especially little ol head here . He is always giving head is, always .
My technical advice is the same as others have provided. There is no reason for a induction kit on a jtdm. Hope you find this useful.

P.S if you are looking for action try my grinder account.
dgmayhead is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
maf

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome