Help please - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By streamliner
  • 1 Post By Shimmerydolmeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 10-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Help please

I got a alfa romeo gt q2 2007
Got an induction kit
Anybody know where i can find how to fit as i cant seem to find on here...
🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊✊
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 2209
County: North Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

156 GTA

I'm assuming from your vehicle description that you have the 1.9JTD diesel engine? If that's the case I'd skip induction kits look at a remap for the best gains. Although not always a problem, performance air filters etc have caused issues with the MAF sensors. A good quality (quality is key) remap plus EGR delete would give you noticeable gains in bhp, torque and eliminate the common sticky EGR issue.

I looked into into induction kits and after some time chose a remap and a larger intercooler kit. As all the air reaches the inlet through the intercooler this was the area I looked to modify. But beware, it's a slippery slope, this leads to that and a bigger this and extra that and before you know you have a rebuilt motor. But I digress, I'm sure our fellow AO's will provide you with more choices and options http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/image...ies/thumbs.gif
(Post Link) post #3 of 8 Old 10-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks .....but i have bought a induction kit and i need to work out how to fit ...anybody ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160810_142705_1470835689090.jpg (51.3 KB, 12 views)

AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Straight into the bin!

The OEM air intake is pretty good on the 1.9 JTDm GT... Cold air snorkel up front, big wide air filter, nice sealing airbox etc..

You could rip all that goo engineering out and fit a dryer vent with a cone filter if you want... But it ain't worth it!
(Post Link) post #5 of 8 Old 10-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

I have paid for it so i will fit it lol .... anybody on here can help me rather than just tell me to bin it would be great thanks in advance .
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 2209
County: North Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

156 GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamliner View Post
Thanks .....but i have bought a induction kit and i need to work out how to fit ...anybody ?
Depending on how big the filter is you might be fighting for space in the engine bay. The normal setup is made up of the airbox which lives under the battery, you'll see the snorkel pipe rising up up off it with the opening bolted to the slam panel near the bonnet catch. The main issue is that due to the position of the airbox and the piping you get with most induction kits means you'll be sucking in hot air from the engine bay, you really want cold dense air from the outside so if you can use some silicone piping you might be able to place the cone filter in the passenger side wing. But again, and I hate to be negative, I don't know what benefit it will be. But hey, now that you have it, give it a go and see what happens.

P.s. Best of luck, the GT engine bay is pretty packed with stuff so let us know how you get on.

Now: 156 GTA | Quaife LSD | 330mm Brembos

Then: 147 Sport Q2 | Autolusso Remap | Swirl Flap & EGR Delete | Mocal Oil Cooler Kit | JTD Performance FMIC Kit | High Flow Elbow | Wizard Downpipe | PF Pads & 5.1 Fluid | Autolusso Braided Brake Lines | MTech Short-Shifter | Autolusso Silicone Turbo-to-MAF Hose | Refurbed Q2s

(Post Link) post #7 of 8 Old 10-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Cheers ... we got an idea if it works i will take pics and put it on site... if it fails well errrrrrrrr i wont lol . The idea is either going to shock the alfa world or crash and burn lol .
baxter2308 and dgmayhead like this.
AO Silver Member

County: Dorset
Send it back and get a remap.
dgmayhead likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page