156 v6 alarm siren missing - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 09-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Greater London
156 v6 alarm siren missing

Hey, I've had my 2006 registered 156 v6 for a while now and desperately need the remote locking to work. So annoying. On inspection I've noticed the alarm siren is missing, the plugs to go in it have been neatly tied so I assume it was faulty and had been removed.

Both keys work fine but the central locking only works manually without the remote. If I buy a siren and plug in will the system work? I assume life isn't that easy but I've read loads in this forum and can't find anything else. Also I cant find the receiver. Under the parcel shelf is full of bose stuff.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: -
Did your car have an alarm fitted from the factory? My 156 V6 doesn't have an alarm, my 156 JTS does. If it had an alarm from the factory there will be the little red LED on the vent housing on top of the dash, no LED = no alarm.
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire
The alarm has to be coded by an alfa garage , if you buy a second hand one and fit it nothing will happen. As for central locking it may be the key transmitters they could be cheap clone copies .

Only 2 things you can do

1.Get Alfa to fix it
or
2. Buy a Ecu kit , Which must contain Ecu / decoder / Keys / Alarm Unit / Ignition barrel / Optional Door lock barrels . Then fit it all and all fixed

(Post Link) post #4 of 11 Old 10-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

What a pain. The car definitely had an alarm. Is there a way to get the remote locking working without all that hassle?
AO Silver Member

Maybe. How are you sure both keys are working?
(Post Link) post #6 of 11 Old 10-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

The light flashes when I press the key, I recently had one of them refurbished before I realised the alarm had been removed. Thanks
AO Silver Member

It may well be the key's are clones and a lot of times the coding does not work .
The remote receiver you were looking for is a small black box above the bose amp bolted to the under of rear window shelf make sure thats there or it will defo not work

Not sure if there is a separate fuse for the remote locking but if there is i think it would be the one of the fuses in the cage above the normal fuses under the right of steering wheel lower panel.

last result i think will be an alfa garage to program the key correctly but i dont think its cheap

All spares parts for 156 and 147 being sold that i will not be using (cheap) nothing too small ask what you want , willing to post world wide Phone 07922123242 Ask for Neil and say Mark said to phone .

Download link for Alfa 156's http://www.filedropper.com/alfaelearn
AO Platinum Member

The remote locking is separate from the alarm too. Not all 156 had alarms, but I'm sure they all had remote locking.
AO Silver Member

What light flashes? The LED on the key, the alarm LED on the dash top, or the car's indicators? If it's the LED on the key, I don't think that has any relationship to the key working. It still might not be sending any signal, or as Mirlock says it might be sending the wrong signal.
(Post Link) post #10 of 11 Old 16-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Both keys appear to flash which makes me think the remote system has somehow been disabled. The led on the dash does not flash.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phels22 View Post
Both keys appear to flash which makes me think the remote system has somehow been disabled. The led on the dash does not flash.
the remotes will flash no matter what car your pointing it at. the keys need to have the correct coding to activate the locking / alarm

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alarm , missing , siren

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page