Tips needed, projector headlights - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 09-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hordaland

Member car:

156 1.8 TS

Tips needed, projector headlights

Hello all "Alfisti!
I am about to get new headlights for my 156 -97. I have concidered to go for the projector ones in "R8 style with LED DRL`s", see pictures. My question is, do any have any experience with the different brands (Depo/Sonar/TYC etc), and/or are they all just the same, made in same factory under different brands? And if any have installed these, how are the light output compared to the standard Carello ones without projectors? Any help much appreciated!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sonar.jpg (21.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg unknown brand.jpg (61.3 KB, 12 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Timiș

Member car:

156 8v

I say leave the "R8 style" to the R8. You can buy projectors separately and retrofit them to your Carellos.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 09-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 1.8 TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
I say leave the "R8 style" to the R8. You can buy projectors separately and retrofit them to your Carellos.
Hello, and thanks for your reply! I have to replace the Carello`s, since the plastic lenses are really bad.. I might end up skipping the "r8`s", but would really like to go for the projector type. Had a xenon kit installed in my Carello`s, but of course it failed the MOT, but holy what great light these gave..! Really needed for "deer-spotting" here in Norway..!

AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire
You can get xenon for the 156 but they normally sell for a good amount of money. If you like the R8 style get them as i think thats maybe the cheapest way ,I think they are about 200-240 euro's and alfa xenon's are about 600-700 euro's new 300-350 euro's second hand . you can always disconnect the R8 led strip if you dont like it

Or do this in the link but for your type of headlight which the company also sell's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlQ-vjJmrVo

Last edited by mirlock; 09-08-16 at 22:41.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 10-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 1.8 TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirlock View Post
You can get xenon for the 156 but they normally sell for a good amount of money. If you like the R8 style get them as i think thats maybe the cheapest way ,I think they are about 200-240 euro's and alfa xenon's are about 600-700 euro's new 300-350 euro's second hand . you can always disconnect the R8 led strip if you dont like it

Or do this in the link but for your type of headlight which the company also sell's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlQ-vjJmrVo
Thanks for the info! To go for the xenon-insert would be the best solution for sure, only sh.. is that here in Norway xenon lights have to be auto-adjustable, they also need headlamp washers, something my 156 doesn`t have.. Possible to sort out; yes, but not cheap..! I think I go for either the black or chrome version of the ones in the pics, only need some advice/experience regarding quality og the brands.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
headlights , needed , projector , tips

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page