156 Bonnet/wing panel alignment? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 06-08-16 Thread Starter
156 Bonnet/wing panel alignment?

Hi all.

First and foremost can I take a moment to state just how helpful this forum has been to me since I bought my first 156 (a pre-facelift 2.5 V6 24V Veloce with full Zender widebody kit) in late January this year. Thanks to the wealth of information on this site I have been able to change the oil, thermostat, replace the wiper motor and fix the stuck boot (among other things) myself. All minor things, but I've never worked on cars before and having so much useful information out there has made it so much easier.

With that in mind, I wanted to pick your brains with regard to wing/bonnet alignment on my 156. As you'll see from the enclosed photo, the bonnet sits higher on one side and whilst this is very minor it does annoy me. She looks like she's cocking an eyebrow at you constantly!

I have tried loosening the bolts that hold on the wing and slam panel to no avail. The clip holding the wing to the bumper on the driver's side is no longer present, but I don't see this as the cause of the problem. The bonnet appears to follow the curvature of the wing and latches shut properly. The problem is that the wing on the driver's side does not follow the shape of the lights as closely as the passenger side does and therefore the bonnet looks higher. The driver's side headlight is also a little loose. I don't think the car has ever been in an accident as it's definitely got the original paint on it.

Can this be rectified? If so, how would i go about doing so?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4851.jpg (122.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4776.jpg (110.2 KB, 5 views)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , alignment , bonnet , gap , wing