Took the car yesterday from the mechanic. He looked much more positive about the car than before. Among others he said:
1. A/C was filled and valves replaced. Unfortunately today the coolling started to get weak as expected. So the leaking was not found. I have to take it back in Monday.
2. Windows switch costs more than 200? and he cant find a used one. I am trying to order one from Italy as we speak (about 100? damn! Why are those switces so expensive?)
Finally i replaced the batteries in both keys ,the tiny red light turns on when i press a button but unfortunately the car takes no remote control command to open or lock. Only the back bonnet opens from the key and that seems to not work well. So i have to check the keys too. Maybe a reset ? I will check the manual.
Have a nice weekend Alfisti!
1. Is your A/C digital or manual? Do you set the temperature or just turn the knobs left and right? If it's manual, press the snowflake button on the left knob. That will blow freezing air to you. I'm hoping you didn't know about this as then it will need no fixing.
2. Wow, that is expensive. I can't find one here that's more expensive than 40€. Sadly, these guys don't offer shipping outside of my country.
As for the batteries, I have the same problem. They used to work for unlocking/locking and bonnet, but even then it needed a lot of pressure. Now, it doesn't work at all. I have no idea what is causing this. Here are a few fixes:
1. Unlock your car. Put the key in the lock and turn it right (to lock it) and at the same time press the locking button (the middle, if I remember correctly). Do the same thing for unlocking. Unlock the car and press the upper button. Read somewhere that the synchronization can be lost between the key and the ECU I guess, and that this is a way to restore it. It works for me but only for a few minutes, after which it goes back to not working. But worth a shot if it will save you money.
2. To get a new key you will HAVE TO have the code card. If you did not get the code card with the car, you're in the same **** as I am. You can order a new one directly from Alfa Romeo (go to their service), which will take around 7 days to arrive and will cost you about 100€ (I think). However, try to find if someone in your country is offering decoding services for your car. There's a guy here who charges 25€ to decode the code (no idea how), and will give you the codes written somewhere so that you can make a new key with it. I can't get myself to go to that guy, have more important things now. Also, as we are already talking about the key etc, has it ever happened to you that the car won't start? The "Immobilizer failure" error pops up and has a key icon, and the car is just turning but won't start. I've no idea what is causing this but it always does it if the lights are turned on. Some have suggested that my battery is bad + I have xenons.
EDIT: Just read that both of your keys don't work well? Could it be a bad transmitter or something within the central/remote locking system? When you find out, please notify me!