156 jts - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By davegp

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 04-08-16 Thread Starter

County: -
156 jts

Hi got a 156 2.0 jts with these fault codes P0220 ,P1221 ,P1226 will drive ok for a couple of days then plays up seems to go into limp mode with limited power some times stopping & re starting will clear it next day it may be ok after I read codes I changed throttle pedal for a good one of another car just the same I have tried a throttle ecu re set , discon batt 90 mins re con ign on 90 sec ign off 90 sec start engine idle 15 mins switch off 10 mins no different can any one help its driving me nuts thanks dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Oost-Vlaanderen

Member car:

Spider 2005 jts

I had the same problem for several months, they also suggested me to replace the throttle ( with i did ) with no result at all. When reading the faults it kept repeating sometimes the pedal sensor ( with i did not ) somethimes the throttle housing; Kept cleaning it and sometimes it was ok for a week sometimes it was ok for just a few meters. Frustrating, frustrating. Then i thied up the throttle house connector verry thight with a strap................................ now 8 months later never had the problem again
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 12-08-16 Thread Starter

156 jts throttle problem now fixed ! cleaned ecu terminal pins & 2 big conector blocks behind inlet manifold now done over 200 miles without a problem.

AO Member

Member car:

Spider 2005 jts

Hi davegp
In my car now the faults came back ( after +/- 6000 km ) with what did you clean the connectors?
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 28-09-16 Thread Starter

Smile 156jts

hi I used holts electrical contact cleaner from my local motor factor but I'm not sure which conections it was as I cleaned the ecu & the two conectors behind inlet manifold as well as the throttle body been ok for over2000 miles now.
broadsword likes this.
AO Member

Member car:

Spider 2005 jts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davegp View Post
hi I used holts electrical contact cleaner from my local motor factor but I'm not sure which conections it was as I cleaned the ecu & the two conectors behind inlet manifold as well as the throttle body been ok for over2000 miles now.
In the mean time i did it with a crc cleaner, i did the 2 ecu connectors, the alarm connectors ( just because they where a side of the ecu :-) ) the 2 big connectors behind the motorblock, the inlet manifold and his connector and the variabel inlet collector connector and now for a week everything is ok again.
For me it is a mistery why especial all connectors on a JTS are so vurnebal , i had a lot of italian cars ( also a gtv ts ) and never had so much troublles with these!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , jts

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page