156 2.0TS - Rough running - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 28-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage

Member car:

156 2.0TS

156 2.0TS - Rough running

Had my twinny in the garage for a few weeks whilst i sorted out underseal, and a few other little jobs. Only thing Ive done in engine bay is remove battery tray and clean up the gear linkage. Before it was garaged it had a ticking variator - have a new one and belt kit ready to go on. Any whoooo, started it for the first time and its as rough as. Sounds like its missing and blowing. Tick over is ok, just when its revved. Ive done the ecu reset procedure and that hasnt helped. Is there anything I could have disturbed when removing the battery tray (lots of cables there) ? Could being stood on ramps for a couple of weeks done something to a valve?
Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -
Garage
Tear in rubber hose ? Check the MAF connection..
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 29-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage

Member car:

156 2.0TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by moth3 View Post
Tear in rubber hose ? Check the MAF connection..
Well, I decided it's a misfire. Took coil pack off to change plugs and No 1 spark plugs tubes are full of water!
Have no idea where its from? Not losing water from cooling system unless head gasket has suddenly gone and too soon to lose it? Did previously have a eurocrapparts thermostat explode but I'd have thought that water would have evaporated?

AO Member

County: -
Garage
Blown gasket wouldn't leak to spark plug tunnels, it would leak inside the combustion chamber or to the oil ways. If that thermostat explosion splashed the engine with coolant or if you washed your engine recently, that would be the cause. Spark plug tunnels are sealed pretty good so it is very hard for water to evaporate. It would eventually evaporate leaving the plug and the coil lead corroded so make sure you change the plugs and clean or replace the leads.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , 20ts , rough , running

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page