Mito interior light in 156 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 4Likes
  • 4 Post By 156Harry

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 25-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Mito interior light in 156

I'm not sure if anyone has done this before on here, I'm not much of a forum user but I thought I'd share what I have done.
A chap at work has a 159 and I noticed it had red ambient lights in the interior light.
Naturally enough I got jealous and wanted them in my 156.
I though about retro fitting some into my existing light but I couldn't have been bothered.
Went in search of something oem and discovered the mito light has the red ambient lights and is the exact same dimensions as the 156 light. The 156 plug is also a direct fit into the mito light. The only modification needed is a power source for the ambient light plug.
I simply tapped into the sunroof power.
So now when I turn on the ignition the red lights turn on and I now get a nice red glow on my centre console at night. A nice easy little mod in my opinion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160721_191418_1469465623982.jpg (30.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 20160721_225522_1469465668003.jpg (10.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 20160721_225502_1469465693789.jpg (12.7 KB, 25 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Durham

Member car:

156 SW 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156Harry View Post
I'm not sure if anyone has done this before on here, I'm not much of a forum user but I thought I'd share what I have done.
A chap at work has a 159 and I noticed it had red ambient lights in the interior light.
Naturally enough I got jealous and wanted them in my 156.
I though about retro fitting some into my existing light but I couldn't have been bothered.
Went in search of something oem and discovered the mito light has the red ambient lights and is the exact same dimensions as the 156 light. The 156 plug is also a direct fit into the mito light. The only modification needed is a power source for the ambient light plug.
I simply tapped into the sunroof power.
So now when I turn on the ignition the red lights turn on and I now get a nice red glow on my centre console at night. A nice easy little mod in my opinion.
Having found this thread a while back I've now done the same in my 156. It's a good little mod, very pleased you took the time to post it.

A couple of things if anybody is thinking of doing the same. The trickiest part was getting a wire connected to the LED light socket on the Mito light unit. I guess you could probably pick up the push fit plug from somewhere and connect the wire up to it, but as I didn't have one I opted to solder them. There's virtually no access to the pins so it was tricky for a total novice with the soldering iron - I imagine if you are competent it would be straighforward.

As for a power source, I don't have a sunroof and there was nothing in the loom up there going spare so spliced into the feed for the courtesy light under the passenger sun visor. The feed to it is switched with the ignition, so perfect for the LEDs.

Now just looking forward to having a drive in the dark to enjoy the benefit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161011_204556-1.jpg (63.7 KB, 5 views)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , interior , light , mito