Happy New Year coil pack 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 01-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 Alfa

Hmmm Happy New Year coil pack 147

Hi all i'm back,

of course with more problems with my lovely alfa, the last time I was here, was when I had trouble with my engine, with the depressing warning light on. motor control system failure!!! The car eventaully stopped driving, and I spend 1600 on a new engine

After a couple of months I get the same warning signal motor control failure, then the car lost all power! i was informed that I need a new coil pack, of course I was ****ed after spending so much money on the engine, to be told that something else needs fixing!!!

I refused to spend any more money on it and parked it my garage for a couple of months. I can say that I saved alot of money by travelling on London Transport. But the powers that be has caused me to rethink about putting my car back on the road.

I now need help with allocating a coil pack for a 147, how much does it cost?, and of anyone details who knows how to work on Alfa's. I live in London, and most of the workshops around here, prefer not to work on my lovely loveable car. Please do not suggest taking it to an alfa specalist because i can't afford it....

Also thank you to those who helped me out last year.

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Re: Happy New Year coil pack 147

There are four coil packs on your car...one for each cylinder - assuming it is a four-cylinder! - each coil pack feeding two plugs...

To be honest I wouldn't expect a coil pack failure to cause loss of "all power". Are you sure that whoever diagnosed this knew what they were talking about? My guess would be that the problem is something to do with bad connections from when the engine was changed...faulty electrical connections can soon stop a motor....

Did you not have some form of warranty with the engine, given what you paid?

I'm a little far off to offer any practical assistance, but I'm sure someone nearer will be able to assist - preferably someone with Alfadiag so he can check the fault codes......

Good luck!

AROC Vice-Chairman and Lancashire Section Secretary

Alfa organ donor to the gentry......
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 02-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 Alfa

Re: Happy New Year coil pack 147

Yes I got a 1 year warrenty. the person who fixed the car claims that he knows what his talking about. I get him to check the connections again....

Thanks for the advice

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , coil , happy , pack , year